Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brady and the Gold Car

So while we were in Utah Brady came running into the house and breathlessly said, "I need a piece of paper and a gold crayon." Hmmm. I could produce the paper but could only find a blue crayon. I ask, "why do you need a gold crayon?" He proceeds to tell me that he saw the coolest car ever drive by the house and he was going to draw it for me so I could help him look for it. He did and we walked up and down the neighborhood forever looking for where the gold car might have parked. (he was so excited about seeing it he forgot to look and see where it was headed) Anyway, we looked for a long time but couldn't find it.

Days later my mom saw the illusive gold car drive by. At this point it was becoming a quest for Brady to find this awesome car. Low and behold one morning during our AM walk my mom spotted the gold car parked in a driveway down in the "woods" below my parents house!! Brady was so excited when I showed him that he wanted his picture taken next to it. He really wanted a look inside but the owners were never home when we knocked. (yes, we actually knocked on the door)

After raising two girly girls I am getting a little glimpse of the male perspective on things. I love seeing the contrast between my girls and my son. I have a lot to learn. I couldn't tell you what kind of car this is if my life depended on it. As a matter of fact I couldn't tell you what kind of car anybody I know drives. I am lucky to be able to nail down the color and whether it is a car or truck.

No comments: