Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Operation Kids Event

My parents got to go with us to the Operation Kids fundraiser dinner. They really did a superb job and raised a lot of money for their charity. I was really happy because I got to meet John Walsh (the honoree for the evening). For those of you who don't know, John's 6 year old son Adam was kidnapped and killed several years ago. To his credit, Mr. Walsh turned his anger and sadness into help for other families of the same kinds of tragic circumstances. He started the National Center for Missing Children and is the host of America's Most Wanted. I was very young when his son was taken and I remember clearly sobbing as I watched the movie based on the incident, he has been a hero of mine ever since. What an amazing person. We also got a chance to meet 'President Palmer from the TV show 24'. He was hosting the evening.



No comments: