Monday, February 9, 2009

Brady's Birthday Party At XRKade

On January 22 Brady turned 7 years old. He celebrated by taking a group of school friends to the XRKade. They had an awesome time and they all went home exhausted and sweaty.
As most of you know I do not cook or bake. However, on their birthday I do let the kids choose what kind of cake they want and then I try to make it happen. I am totally happy about how the cake turned out and so was Brady so it is all good. All of the boys (and girls) at his school are crazy about Converse shoes.





Brady badly wanted Bakugans and boy did he get his wish!! I have no idea what Bakugans are and what they do but I guess you collect them and their cards and then they fight other Bakugans...They look like small round Transformers to me. Anyway, he was so excited. In the picture is his friend Nathan (next to him) and Josue (usually happy) and in the back by the door is Johnny.



This is Brady's good buddy Hanis. He is an awesome basketball player and was on Brady's team for NYS.


Here is Josue with his usual happy smile. He is also one of Brady's best friends. And no his name is not Jose, I corrected Brady constantly until I got to school and Josue (pronounced Hosway) confirmed that I was wrong.

This is Nathan and Brady. Notice how sweaty they both are. They had played for about an hour before we took a cake break.








6 comments:

Rebekah's Mom said...

How did you do that cake??!? It looks so cool... you've got to share (dare I say) the name of the bakery?:)

Brandice said...

Okay, all I can say is that you are showing me up big time. I want you to be MY mom! I never had birthday parties like that that went on and on... and let me tell you that once I tried to make a teapot cake for the girls, and well, it gave a whole new meaning to "tip me over and pour me out". I love the Converse shoe. You are awesome.

Unknown said...

WOW!! Krista, you are totally holding out on all of us! You can totally cook and bake! Hello- that ckae is amazing!!

Brooke said...

Wow, I am so impressed by that shoe. That is amazing.

Donahoe Family said...

I don't know what I am more impressed with - the amazing Kick-A shoe cake - or the fact that you updated your blog! :)

Cami said...

HOLY Ace of Cake's! That is really cool,you should submit all your cakes into a magazine or something. It looked like Brady had a great time. I need to also echo Trish! Amen!