Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

For those of you who don't know three years ago I moved my birthday from December 16th to October 16th. There are many reasons for the change, December is a really busy month. No one has a free weekend to celebrate or go to lunch. Everyone is broke and some folks are downright cranky about it. I happen to love October. I love everything about it. I love the weather and I love Halloween more than any other holiday thus, it is a natural move. It is close enough to my real birthday to be serious and after three years most people have made the shift. Those of you who are strict traditionalist can go with the December flow but a majority have embraced the change. Here are some fun picts.

Brady wanted to do his own thing this year so he "wrapped" his gift himself and chose the gift himself. Lucky for me it was all items gathered from his room. He is only 6 and does not know yet about the concept of re-gifting. Bless his heart, I got some binoculars, a picture of Jesus, a ring, a giftcard (0 balance), and a compact mirror....see below.
What makes this a great gift is that it is not his to give!! He ran out of special items from his room so he went looking in Kelsey's room. This mirror was a prize from a golf tournament Jim played in and was coveted by all of the kids. There was great gnashing of teeth and almost blood shed trying to decide who would get to have it. Kelsey won the draw and every one else was way bummed. But Brady really wanted me to have something super special so he took a chance and stole it to give to me!!! Kelsey was as surprised as me when I opened it. She wanted it back right then and there. That is why I am laughing so hard in this shot.


Jim and the kids also gave me a concert t-shirt. So kind.










3 comments:

Brandice said...

I am all about changing the birthdays. Chloe's birthday is Dec. 27, so you can see where the problem lies with that. I have tried to do the half-birthday on June 27, but sometimes I forget, so basically I just end up picking a random day and Chloe's unbirthday falls somewhere between Memorial Day and Labor Day -- just to make sure I'm safe.

Happy late (or early) Birthday to you!

Stonez said...

Ummm hellllo??? Who approved this? What do you mean you changed your birthday? Did the doctor who probably missed some Christmas party/recital due to your arrival get his day back???? What about Mama? An infant at Christmas??? You can't change it!!! As the mother of a Christmas Eve baby...you can not change it!! 1989 was my favorite Christmas ever!!

Noel :)

Rebekah's Mom said...

Boy, Jim must have gone to a lot of trouble to get that t-shirt.